2 weeks ago
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ... See MoreSee Less
The Silsbee Police Department is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Communication Operator
TCOLE certification required within 1 year of hiring. A high school diploma or GED is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Functions:
• Receives emergency and non-emergency calls or reports by telephone and in person for multiple agencies
• Monitors and operates two-way radio communications
• Answers telephones and provides information to the general public
• Relays information to associated agencies
• Sends and receives messages via the Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (TLETS) to and from state, federal and local agencies dealing with various activities such as missing persons, wanted persons, stolen vehicles, vehicle registrations, drivers license information and criminal histories
• Provides Emergency Police Dispatch (EPD), Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) and/or Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD) protocols
• Operates Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) equipment
• Enters data into computers
Works indoors in a highly stressful environment
• Is exposed to constant noise of two-way radio communications equipment, verbal abuse, occasionally hostile public
• Is exposed to dust, cold due to air conditioning
• Must be available to work any shift assigned on any day, including week-ends and holidays
• Shift assignment may be changed as necessary
• Must be able to work, if required, in the event of a mandatory evacuation or emergency
Applicants that are selected must be available to work a flexible schedule which include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
• Some knowledge of city geography
• Knowledge of business English and spelling
• Knowledge of proper telephone communication techniques
• Ability to prepare and type records accurately
• Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, City Officials and the general public
• Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions
• Ability to perform data entry
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations
• Ability to hear and listen carefully
• Ability to discern and obtain facts from a telephone conversation
• Ability to retain information by memory
• Ability to write legibly by hand
• Ability to plan and prioritize different types of situations
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and use it to improve job skills
• Ability to take control of situations with courtesy
• Ability to perform more than one job function simultaneously
• Ability to learn city geography
• Skill in the performance of data entry
• Ability to operate foot pedal on radio dispatching equipment
• Multi-lingual applicants preferred
Physical Requirements: Essential:
• Constantly see and hears
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision
• Frequently reads, writes by hand, speaks, stands, walks, sits, uses physical dexterity
• Carries objects weighing up to 10 lbs
• Pushes object weighing up to 25 lbs
• Moves objects weighing up to 10 lbs
Education / Experience:
• Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
• Experience is preferred. ... See MoreSee Less
The Silsbee Police Department would like to wish all a happy and safe 4th of July!
As a friendly reminder to the citizens of Silsbee, please review the following ordinance:
Sec. 20-3. - Fireworks.
(a) No person or company shall cast, throw, or fire any squib, sparkler, Roman candle, rocket, cracker, torpedo, grenade, or other pyrotechnics of any kind in the city.
(b) No person or company shall exhibit or have in his or its possession, with intent to give away, sell, offer for sale or sell, within the city, any squib, sparkler, Roman candle, rocket, cracker, torpedo, grenade or other pyrotechnics of any kind.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to apply to the sale, storage or use of railroad track torpedoes or other signaling devices used by photographers or dealers in photographic supplies, or to prevent any public or private demonstration or display of fireworks when conducted under proper fire department supervision after an application has been made and a permit issued by the council for such demonstration. Said permit shall not be granted unless such demonstration or display shall be of such a character and so timed, located, discharged or fired, as in the opinion of the said council, after proper inspection, shall not be hazardous to property or endanger any person.
(d) The chief of police may, at his discretion, remove or have removed, at the owner's expense, all stock of fireworks or other pyrotechnics exposed for sale or possessed in violation of this section.
(Code 1973, § 13-7; Ord. No. 38-22; Ord. No. 72-10, §§ 1—5)
State Law reference— Authority to prohibit or regulate fireworks, V.T.C.A., Local Government Code § 342.003(a)(8); regulation of fireworks and fireworks displays, V.T.C.A., Occupations Code ch. 2154. ... See MoreSee Less
So how does one find out if they have a permit when they are Busting off Massive Fireworks over your house behind Laura Reeves!?!! 😡😡
Please remember your pets.
Teresa Rothlisberger Lisa Rothlisberger-Kilcrease
People are still going to shut them anyway
... See MoreSee Less
Continued prayers for his recovery!
May God always bless and protect our men and women in the Silsbee Police Department.
Today we had the opportunity to honor the life and service of longtime Silsbee Policeman, Larry Daigle. Silsbee Mayor Mike Tomas presented Larry's wife, Phyllis, with a resolution presented by the House of Representatives that paid tribute to the memory of Larry and the life that he lived. Coworkers, friends and family attended the presentation. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Matthew 5:9 ... See MoreSee Less
He so deserved this. Peace for all of you.
A well deserved honor.... I know Mrs Phyllis is so proud!!!
A well deserved honor.... I k is Mrs Phyllis is so proud!!!
Thank you, Mayor Tomas, and everyone involved in this great honor! God bless you all!
Such a nice tribute to his life. Rip
That's awesome. RIP Larry.
God bless this sweet family. Love them all.
Thanks for sending.
Wow. RIP Larry. Scary, lots of deaths.
So Happy for you Phyllis Griffith 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Larry would’ve loved that!
I can see the smile on his face. 🙏💙
The Silsbee Police Department is proud to announce the addition of Officer Blake Brewer. Officer Brewer is a native of this great community, a 2011 graduate of Silsbee High School and a 2017 graduate of the Lamar Institute of Technology Regional Police Academy. He comes to us with 1.5 years of patrol experience with the Hardin County Sheriff's Department. Officer Brewer, we welcome you to the Silsbee Police Department family. ... See MoreSee Less
Congratulations Blake proud of you young man.
Aweee! Congrats Blake!
Congratulations Officer Brewer.
Congratulations Blake Brewer!
Welcome, Officer Brewer! You've got the best brothers and sisters in the business!
Welcome Officer Brewer.
Congratulations Blake Brewer
Congrats!!! Hope ya hang around for a long time, cause they sure dont in Kountze
Congratulations Officer Brewer 👍👏
Yay!!! Great job
Congratulations Blake Brewer 💙👮
Welcome Officer Brewer
A big thanks to Silsbee Subway for the sandwiches and cookies. We greatly appreciate the support and the great chow. We will put it to good use!
Pictured left to right: Assistant Chief Blackwell, Sgt. Rogers, Robert Peters, Investigator Scroggins and Investigator Peden ... See MoreSee Less
Yummy. You guys deserve every single bite
You guys are gonna have to hit a gym if people of the community keep feeding yall all these goodies lol jk keep up the great work guys & god bless
Y’all deserve it, and so much more! Love it when local businesses show their appreciation of our Officers! Makes me want to support them too!
Look y’all better make officer Blackwell run around or he not going to fit into his work clothes. Lol
Cari Adams Peters
Tiffany Duprey it looks like you’re slacking lol
3 months ago
It is with heavy heart that the Silsbee Police Department has learned of the passing of Silsbee Volunteer Firefighter Angie Brown. Today, Angie went home to be with the Lord after a tough fight against cancer. In honor of Angie, the Silsbee Police Department will fly our flags at half mast. It has been an honor to work next to Angie over the past years. She always exhibited a servant's heart and work ethic beyond reproach. God bless the Brown Family and the Silsbee Volunteer Fire Department; her selfless service will be remembered. ... See MoreSee Less
Prayers for all of the family and friends she leaves behind.
God bless you sweetheart. May peace be with your loved ones.
Prayers for family and friends! “Fly high” Angie
Fly high sweet angel. You were loved by so many and missed by all. Praying for comfort and peace for all you leave behind, one day closer.
RIP prayers for the family.
Such a loss for the city of Silsbee. Prayers for all that loved her, especially her family.
Amen she was a very beautiful sweet young lady will be misd
Praying for her family
Sending prayers for her family! May she Rest In Peace!
Many prayers for the Brown family 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Praying for the family 🙏🏻
Thank you Angie for your Service and for your love for Gods people! You are flying high with the Angels! Prayers for Angie’s Family, Friends, Coworkers, and Community! RIP Angie!!!! 😇
Fly High Angie, you leave a long line of broken hearts and Furrbabies! Especially BabyGirl🐾🐾🐾. Prayers🙏🏻 for your Family, and your family of FireFighters. Along with all the First Responders. She's not hurting anymore and is Resting. RIP❤️🌹
Praying for her family
Prayers for the family
Prayers for her Brown family and her Silsbee Fire Department family. God bless all of you.
My heart goes out to Gage. You and your family are in my prayers. I'm so glad she was able to see you graduate. I know how proud she was of you.
Praying for her family and friends..RIP.
We will miss her. Praying for all
Thanks to Silsbee fire Dept.and all those who have donated money, prayers and just having Angie in your hearts. Just know all.has been appreciated.
PrAyers for the family & Fire Department!
Thank you Angie Brown for your services...We will keep your Family in our Prayers.
Angie was a good friend of Tonja's. Tonja did a benefit for her this past Saturday in Silbee. Another sad thing is her sister passed away 9 months ago. Their dads heart is broken. R.I.P Angie.
Such a beautiful soul! I will miss her dearly! RIP
Prayers and thoughts are with her family. So sorry for their loss.