Crime Stoppers of Southeast Texas was established on November 1, 1981. KFDM Channel 6 News saw the New Mexico Program and presented the idea to the Beaumont Police Department. Chief Willie Bauer gave approval from the formation of the Beaumont Crime Stoppers Program. Go to the Statistics Section to see what Beaumont Crime Stoppers has done.
The Actual Crime Stoppers Contact Process
- A person calls Crime Stoppers at 833-TIPS. The caller provides anonymous information about a Felony Crime and is provided with a secure Code #. The caller will not be asked for their name or contact number.
- The caller must call back to make periodic checks to see if their information lead to the Felony arrest of a criminal.
- If the information provided in-fact resulted in the arrest of a Felon, the caller will be awarded a sum of money not to exceed $1,000.00.
- The caller will be directed to a local drive-thru bank. The caller sends a note to the teller that includes the secure code #. The teller will have a check made out the secure code number. The teller will cash the check and slide the funds to the caller. The caller leaves without ever being identified.
All calls are kept anonymous. No identification is required.
Reward Assignment Process
The Crime Stoppers Board is comprised of volunteers from the Community who unselfishly give their time and services to the program. They meet once a month to discuss the reward recommendations and other Crime Stoppers issues. They tirelessly work throughout the year to raise funds to keep the program successful.
Crime Stoppers is comprised of diverse, active and dedicated community representatives. Crime Stoppers provides a method for local law enforcement to receive information on crimes. These efforts increase tips, which in turn increase arrests in our community.
Crime Stoppers Board Members
- Larry Crumpton, Chairman
- Stephan Oubre, Vice-Chairman
- April Tolbert, Secretary
- Tim Funchess, Treasurer
- Roy West, Immediate Past Chairman
- Sheila Briggs
- Michelle Barnette
- Robert Blackwell
- Tolbert Chisum
- L.W. Cooper, Jr.
- Gary Duncan
- Mike Fuljenz
- Allison Getz
- Kent Houp
- Emerson Lane
- James J. Love
- Marcelo Molfino
- Vernice Monroe
- Stephan Oubre
- Matt Peeler
- Cullin Smith
- Jim Stott
- Chris Tyson
- Richard Vasser
- Clint Walters
- Lee Wheeler
Affiliated Agencies/Coordinator Board
- Carol Riley, Beaumont Police Department, Coordinator
- Danny Valdez, Beaumont Police Department, Co-Coordinator
- Cody Guedry, Beaumont Police Department, PCR Supervisor
- Manny Vara, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Marcus McLelland, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Rodney Balsamo, Port Arthur Police Department
- Paul Lemoine, Port Neches Police Department
- Darrell Bush, Nederland Police Department
- Gary Porter, Nederland Police Department
- Scott Dealacerda, Hardin County Sheriff’s Office
- Danny Sullins, Lumberton Police Department
- Brent Slaughter, Kountze Police Department
- John Tarver, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
- Janois Strause, Orange County Sheriff’s Office
- Martin Lane, Orange Police Department
- Sparky Robinson, Orange Police Department